Are you having problems trying to decide what to write in a baby shower card?
Writing baby shower cards is supposed to be a very special time for everyone involved.
But if you cannot come up with the prefect message to write, you can really stress yourself out (if you are reading this now it is probably too late for that though).
To help ease your writer’s block, I’ve decided to include my guide on what to write in a baby shower card below.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
The crux of your message will be in the body of the card. What you choose to write will depend on the type of gathering and how close you are with the parents. If you don’t know the family well, a simple message of congratulations is fitting. Close friends and relatives should write from the heart, but if you’re feeling stuck, we’ve gathered some ideas and inspiration for you below.
This is also a good time to bring something personal to the card, such as an anecdote based on your own experience or an inside joke between you and the guest of honor. Personal sentiments are the ones that will be most treasured by the parents-to-be!
Baby Shower Wishes
Baby Shower Wishes of Health
When asked whether they are hoping for a boy or a girl, most mothers will respond with something along the lines of, “all I really hope for is a healthy baby!” Your positive thoughts for both mom and baby will be appreciated as mom heads into the final months of pregnancy.
- Wishing you an easy, safe delivery and a healthy baby.
- A grand adventure is about to begin. Wishing you a safe delivery.
- Welcoming your new baby with wishes of health, joy and plenty of sleep.
- A great joy is coming. Many best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.
- May you both be happy and healthy.
- Good health to you through the remainder of your pregnancy, and best wishes to you on delivery day.
Baby Shower Wishes for a Boy
A bouncing baby boy will light up the lives of both parents.
- Oh boy! We can’t wait to meet him. Thanks for inviting us to share in your baby shower celebrations.
- If he’s anything like his father, he’ll be a handsome baby boy!
- Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls, bats bikes and all sorts of surprises. Congratulations on your little man.
- A precious little boy is on the way. What an exciting time for your family.
- This little guy is already blessed with amazing parents. We can’t wait to watch your family grow.
- We hope you have your mom’s smile and your dad’s humor. Lots of love little man.
Baby Shower Wishes for a Girl
Mom’s precious little mini-me will soon arrive on the scene, and both parents will find they have a whole new capacity to love.
- A beautiful little girl to play with and adore, to spoil a little and love a lot, who could ask for more!
- Sugar, spice and everything nice; this is what your new family is made of.
- Booties and bonnets, ribbons and lace, little stuffed toys all over the place. Congratulations on your sweet little girl.
- We’re tickled pink to meet your new baby girl.
- A great joy is coming all wrapped in pink. We can’t wait to meet her.
- We’re tutu excited to meet your darling daughter.
- One minute you’re dressing her in tutus and pink bows, the next you’re buttoning the back of her bridal gown. Enjoy all the little moments; they fly by fast!
- Your daughter will be beautiful, smart and happy—just like her mother!
Baby Shower Wishes for Twins
If the ultrasound results have the expecting parents seeing double, a special message acknowledging their status as a twin mommy and daddy is cute and thoughtful. These messages can also be adjusted for triplets or multiples.
- Twins! Sometimes miracles come in pairs.
- If there’s anything more special than a new baby on the way, it’s two babies on the way!
- Here comes double trouble! Congratulations on your twins.
- It’s twins! Congratulations! Twins mean double the kisses and double the fun. It’s double the joy for everyone.
- There are many reasons to smile, and you just got two more! Congratulations on your twins!