When you are the host of a baby shower (whether drive-by or traditional), you want to ensure that the decor is beautiful, warm, and perfect for the event.
Imagine this, a trail of decorated cars parked at your house, hooting, with mommy’s friends screaming, I love you, with music playing in the background. What a grand welcome to earth!
Well, that’s what a drive-by baby shower entails.
You are probably wondering how you are going to decorate your drive-by baby shower to make it spectacular!
We’ve come up with some Drive-by baby shower decoration ideas on how you would ensure you have a beautiful ambiance for your drive-by shower.
Drive-by Baby Shower Themes
Just because it is not a traditional baby shower does not mean that it cannot be themed
Having a theme for the baby shower is essential in offering a guide for what your decor will look like.
If you have an idea of what the gender of the baby is, your theme color can be blue or pink. White and light brown palettes, sunny yellows, and a mix of bright colored hues will provide a beautiful ambiance without giving out the gender of the baby.
Another fantastic way you can decide on the color theme is using the nursery theme. If the parents-to-be have already decorated the nursery, surprise them by using the nursery theme. This way, you’ll be sure that it’s something they love anyway!
Check out this animal safari themed drive-by shower
To ensure that your decor is top of the line, you will need essential decor items. Here are some examples.
The best signage design looks simple. Signage helps to indicate the right location, to let your guests know that they’ve arrived at the baby shower.
Yard signs are crucial, most especially when it comes to a drive-by baby shower. You will need signages for:
- Maintaining social distancing protocols
- Cute signs to remind guests to wear their masks
- Mark designated areas to pick snacks or drop gifts
- To give directions to guests from the gate to the driveway of the drive-by shower
Have a peek at some wording you can use for your drive-by baby shower:
- Honk, scream, send air kisses, it’s Allisons Baby shower
- This side for curbside treats and gifts drop off
- Thank you for driving through. Grab a treat just for you
- Masks up and Sanitizers on, its Emillies drive-by baby shower
- Welcome to the world, baby Libby. We love you soo much we had to drive-by
- Spread love, not germs, remember to sanitize
For DIY lovers, you can easily create your signages using cardboards and colorful pens. Alternatively, you can also purchase signages from Amazon.
Flowers always add a natural, authentic vibe to any event. We love flowers because they come in all colors, and can one can add them to any theme. Flowers can also be a theme by itself. You can decide to have a sunflower-themed party or a daisy-themed party.
Flowers not only beautifier the event but are also mood lifters. They can act as centerpieces on the gift table, as a series of decor around the driveway, and as backdrops for garlands.
Please be sure to check with the mum-to-be to make sure which flower will be okay with her. Some flowers are strongly scented, and with the pregnancy, her senses of smell are enhanced. We don’t want to cause any discomfort to our guests of honor.
Banner or Garland
Garlands are now the real deal when it comes to drive-by baby showers. Garlands are what act as a centerpiece for the event. You will want to go all out when it comes to this piece of decor.
There are various types of garlands that you can use
Baby girl balloon arch garland
Paper Flower garlands
It is a great idea to greet guests with a Drive-by baby shower banner or a colorful garland strung across the street or car par,k or better hung between trees so guests can pass through as they approach the event.
Streamers are inexpensive and a fun element in a Drive-By Baby Shower party. They come in different varieties from holographic streamers, plain color, to crepe paper streamers.
Holographic streamers come in different colors. For example, for those looking to celebrate with glitz and glamour, pretty holographic silver streamers can be scattered over tables or can be dangling from tree branches. They are a great finishing touch to baby shower parties set up.
Here are other ways of using streamers for your Drive-By Baby Shower:-
Hang Streamers to create a backdrop for your drinks or snack table
Attach crepe paper streamer to a giant balloon
Create ribbon wands to be used in car decor
Paper Flower Streamers 0n Amazon
You can get a variety of paper flower streamers on Amazon
Guests Car Decor
One of the obligatory traditions of any car parade is decorating the cars. Guests will usually decorate their vehicles in accordance with the shower theme. If it’s a jet-themed drive-by shower, guests decorate their cars as jets.
Here are some accessories your guests can use for their car decor:
- Flower power is for mums-to-be who cannot have enough flowers, consider adding small groups of flowers to the trunk, but if you are looking to add some pop, adding small groups of flowers on the door handle and side mirrors will work out magic.
- Ribbons are classified as one of the most glamorous of decorations, especially if done right. Match the ribbons with the drive-by baby shower theme. Encourage your guests to add bows to the hood or trunk of the car and run ribbons along the body lines.
- For mums who do not love bright colors and floral decorations, guests should consider adding a garland wreath instead of flower decoration. A green and gold heart-shaped wreath on the hood takes just the right amount of space to add detail.
- Balloons are a great and easy way for your guests to decorate their cars. Using the theme colors, guests can have balloons of the said color on their cars.
Let your guests go creative on their decorations. Let them know they are free to carry signage on their cars to send mamma well wishes. Showcasing celebratory signs and decorating your cars with balloons is a beautiful way to make the parents-to-be feel special.
Mamma’s Chair Decoration
The mom-to-be is probably near her due date, and she’s most likely tired. It would be thoughtful of you to add a chaise lounge as part of the decor to seat and put her feet up as the event goes on. Also, provide her with some snacks and keep her hydrated.
If the party is during the summer, be sure to add a fan for her. Add some blankets during the cold season.
Be sure to have a canopy. It will shade the mamma from the sun, and if it rains, she won’t have to run to the house.
There are several other small items of decorations you can add to the setup to make it unique. Here are some items
Artificial Greenery Backdrop
The pandemic should not limit you in any way to show our loved ones how special they are to us. Checkout our Drive-by baby shower (Guide and 15+ ideas)
Crank up mom’s favorite song or, better still, wear some funny costumes that will make mum-to-be laugh.
The decor can also be a surprise for mum. Imagine her walking into the driveway to find hundreds of helium balloons and balloons. I bet she’ll sure feel special.