Baby shower memory game is a popular and favorite baby shower game. The game engages your guest memory when playing. It is a simple and fun game to have in your baby shower, and for sure, your guest will love it.
The great thing about the Memory Game is the items required for it are items you have already purchased.
The items should be at least twenty items or more and should be large and small to make the game more interesting.
What is baby shower memory game ?
Baby shower memory game is easy to prepare, fun and great for everyone. Find a tray and put 15-20 in it. then ask your guests to look at the items on the tray for 1-3 minutes and remember all the items they can! After the time has past, cover your tray and ask your guests to write down all then items they can remember. Whoever remembers the most items – WINS!!
You have to prepare before the party to make sure all the items to play with are available.
A traditional baby shower memory game will require mostly items that the mom-to-be will use on the baby. However, one can be as creative as one wants when it comes to the things to use. Here are some items that i commonly used:
- Baby wipes
- Baby lotion
- Birth toys
- Medicine spoon
- Rubber ducky
- Body wash
- Nursing pads
- Baby clothe hanger
- Baby spoon
- Diaper pins
- Gift card
- Large tray or container
- Pen or pencil
- Prizes for winners
How to Play Baby Shower Memory Game ?
The baby shower memory game is an easy and straight forward game. The instructions are quiet simple and everyone can play it. Here is a step by step guide on how to play the baby shower memory game.
- Arrange all the items in the tray in a random manner and cover the tray.
- Guests to be seated circularly.
- Give all the guests a piece of paper and a pen.
- Put the tray with the items in the middle of the circle,
- When everyone is ready, uncover the tray’s lid for them to see for some minutes, then cover it back.
- Have everyone write down as many items he/she can remember. You can time this activity. Five minutes should be enough.
- The person who writes as many correct items as possible wins.
Guests can also have a look at the item tray as they arrive at the party.
The key is to remember as many items as possible.
Baby Shower Memory Game Free Printable
If you are in search of a baby shower memory game free printable, then we’ve got you covered. Check out this baby shower memory game free printable that will have your guests excited about the game
Baby Shower Memory Game Ideas
Virtual baby shower memory game
With the onset of the popularity of virtual baby showers, virtual baby shower games have also become a hit. And the Virtual baby shower memory game is no exception. You can also have a lot of fun when gone virtual, and your guest will love it.
What you will need
The requirements differ depending on the type of game.
The memory games you can have are listed below. You just have to choose what is best for you.
This game is easy;
- Make a tray full of random baby items (diapers, onesies, nipples)
- Place the tray in before your camera
- Give your guests 15 seconds to memorize the tray
- Move the tray out of sight and take away one item
- Move back the tray back into view
- The one who names the missing item gets the point.
- The with the most points wins the game.
You can also check out our 29 Unique and Fun Virtual Baby Shower games Ideas
Baby Shower Memory Game With a Twist
Apart from the traditional way of playing the memory game, you can add twists to the game to make it twice as fun. Here are some ideas you can play the baby shower memory game with a twist:
What was Mamma wearing ?
For this twist, you’ll play the game as per the original rules. Have mom-to-be walk around with a tray of items for people to peak and note. Once she leaves the room with the tray, tell the guests to note down what mom was wearing. We bet this twist will really throw them off. It’s one they never saw coming
Only the Baby Items
The tray with the game items should include various things, from household items, mom’s items and baby items for this twist. After guests have had a, peek at the tray and the tray has been covered, let them know that they need to note down only the baby items.
These twists will show which guest is truly observant and will have all the participants in stitches. After a round of twists, you can also play the real memory game no twists
Play it With Candy
It is one of the funniest games that involve memory brainstorming during playtime, whereby the winner gets an award for a candy bar.
To play the baby shower memory game with candy follow the steps below:
- You draw the square grids using the pen and write the names of baby-related terms on each grid.
- Cut the papers with the size of each grid and label them with numeric numbers.
- Place the square numbered papers on top of each grid to ensure that your guests do not see the baby-related terms.
- Ask each guest to pick two matching numbers in turn.
- The one who chooses the matching pair is the winner and should receive a candy bar associated with the terms as a gift.
- Participants should play until all matches have been matched
Here are some examples of candy and matching words that you can use
- Ring Pop – Binky
- Licorice – Umbilical cord
- Big Hunk – father
- SweeTart – Mother
- Spree – Baby shopping
- Rocky Road – Labour
- Twix – Twins
- Snickers – Baby laughs
- Mounds – dirty diaper
- Oh Henry – Baby Boy
- Baby Ruth – Baby Girl
- Baby Bottle Pop – Bottle
- Whoppers – Contractions
- Goobers – Boogers
- Milky way – Breastfeeding
- Runts – Preemie
- 100 Grand – Hospital Bills
- Lifesavers – Grandparents
- Take 5 – Diaper Run
- Good and Plenty – Snuggles
- Symphony – Lullaby
The baby shower memory game is an excellent game for guests of all ages and genders. Making it a favorite game at co-ed baby showers.
Another great thing is that the game can double up as a gifting session for mom-to-be. She gets to keep everything that’s on the tray!
Be sure to also check out our Top 7 Baby Shower Balloon Games That are Easy and Fun to play