What makes a party? Well, we all agree that its the food! Baby shower catering is, therefore, very essential and should be carefully planned out.
Factors to keep in mind are the baby shower’s specifics, the time, location, theme, and budget. One important thing to consider is the mother-to-be. Does she have specific cravings or food aversions? Is the meal safe for her pregnancy?
Herein are a few recommendations that will take a bit of the pressure off and make your life easier as you plan for that particular day.
baby shower catering ideas
Brunch Baby Shower
Serving a brunch can make your job easier by catering to any taste with a wide variety of food options.
If the Baby Shower party is to happen around 11:00 am-2:00 pm, finger foods come in handy since there is no need for knives and forks!
- Sandwiches – Sandwiches are a classic, and one can easily make different types of sandwiches. For a variety, make at least three types of sandwiches: Beef Sandwiches, Cheese Sandwiches, Chicken Sandwiches, Ham Sandwiches, Tuna Sandwiches. A variety of sandwiches will ensure that you cater to all your guests’ preferences.
- Doughnut and Strawberry Skewers.- Treat your guests with these two simple ingredients-frosted doughnut holes and strawberries. Serve the finished kabobs with a cup of coffee.
- Sweet Potatoes Banana Bites – It works well for the guests who prefer gluten-free and keep off dairy products. Something also worth noting is that the recipe is very forgiving when measuring the ingredients’. You only need sweet potatoes, bananas, peanut butter, eggs and your favourite flavours.
- Salad bar- Salads are sure to work up the magic in a party. Provide, lettuce, raw assorted sliced/shredded vegetables like, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red and green bell peppers. And some shredded cheese and bacon bits to spice things up. Coupled with various salad dressings, is a sure way to wow your guests.
- Punch – Fruit Punch is an easy, fun and favorite party drink. You need soda and Juice, and you’re good to go!
- Mimosa – For a classy event, Mimosa’s will do the trick. Made of champagne or any alternative sparkling wine and orange juice (or any chilled citrus juice). You can try out different ingredients to come up with the perfect Mimosa, plus you can have it in the color of the gender of the baby.
- Coffee – Coffee is perfect, especially during the cold season. Nothing like good old coffee to heat those freezing hands!
Lunch Baby Shower.
- Stuffed Chicken – Chicken strips can be stuffed with various ingredients herbs, spices, cheese, and fruits. Ingredients can be stuffed under the skin or stuffed in chicken breasts.
- Chicken Sausage Rolls is a delicious meal. Serve the rolls with peppers, onions or potatoes.
- Smoked Salmon – Serving eggs with other recipes and a platter of fruits will complete the elegant baby shower lunch.
- Fresh vegetables with dips – good thing is that it will carter for your vegan guests too
- Apples with caramel sauce for dipping – a party favorite and especially for kids in the party
Dinner Baby Shower
- Barbecue: One can never go wrong with a barbecue. Chicken barbecue, beef barbecue, pork barbecue, you name it!
- Baked Potato Bar: These go well with a variety of meals and especially with steaks and chops. You can add toppings to the baked potatoes such as butter or sour cream, alternatively sprinkle some parsley or chives.
- French Fries– We hate to admit it, but we all love French fries, plus they go so well with so many things
- Fried Pickles- These are a pregnancy favorite, so you’ll sure make the mom-to-be happy.
- Cake – yes, cake, of course! What’s a baby shower without a cake? The cake will make a perfect dessert, and you can add some ice-cream or chocolate pudding as a treat for your guests.
You might also want to read : 17+ Unique baby shower prizes for every budget
Most baby showers will have a baby theme that includes baby toys, children’s books and decorations such as mason jars. You can mirror these themes when preparing the food—cookies shaped like a baby pram or baby bottle. Drinks in a baby bottle will utilize baby shower decorations and highlight the gender of the expected baby.
Whichever time or place the baby shower is, food sets the mood. Snacks and biting’s sets a more casual mood, whilst dinner will set a more formal tone. Regardless of the style you choose, as long as the mom-to-be is comfortable, that’s the right style.